An A from Miss Keller
Written and Illustrated by Patricia Polacco
Teachers from childhood have given Patricia Polacco several good stories. In this one, readers find out how Patricia came to be a writer. She was chosen to attend a special class with the best writing teacher, but her reputation as killer Keller for her difficult disposition, made going to class frightening. Miss Keller only wanted one thing from her students. Perfection. She never gave anyone an A.
Patricia found the required perfection when she wrote about her beloved neighbor, Pop. She found her way to express love on paper. Her narrative essay was so true to life, poor old killer Keller had no choice but to give it an A. Which is exactly what Polacco fans will do with this new addition to their collection. Teachers, parents, librarians and grade three readers, in particular, will adore this story and use it well in meeting all the standards of core curriculum for English, reading, art, and life.
- Title: An A from Miss Keller
- Author/Illustrator: Patricia Polacco
- Publisher: G.P. Putnam’s Sons, 2015
- Reviewer: Elizabeth Swartz
- Format: Hardcover, 40 pages
- ISBN: 978-0-399-16691-4
- Genre: Picture book
- Grade level: K to 3
- Extras: Included is an author’s note explaining the importance of the main characters in her own past.